ECAP strives to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how ECAP (“ECAP”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with http://www.ecapteach.com (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the ECAP practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning ECAP’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact ECAP via postal mail at: 7166 Baker Blvd., Suite B · Richland Hills, Texas 76118
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Personal Information ECAP gathers
- How ECAP Collects Personal Information
- How ECAP Uses Personal Information
- When and Why ECAP Discloses Personal Information
- Personal Information Retention
- Tracking Technologies
- Choice and Control
- Security of Personal Information
- EU Data Subject Rights
- Withdrawing Consent
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- ECAP Blog
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. ECAP collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows ECAP to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of ECAP. ECAP may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.
Transaction Information. ECAP automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps ECAP analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with ECAP, information about how you use ECAP’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and ECAP business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, ECAP collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on ECAP’s blog, ECAP may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
ECAP gathers Personal Information in the following ways:
If and when you are prompted and to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use ECAP or otherwise interact with the Site or contact ECAP.
If and when you contact ECAP via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
Lawful basis for ECAP’s processing of your Personal Information:
As applicable, the following is the lawful basis ECAP relies on to process your Personal Information:
Legitimate Interest means the interest of ECAP in conducting and managing its business to enable it to give you best service/product and the most optimized and secure interaction. ECAP makes sure to weigh any potential ECAP on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before ECAP processes your Personal Information for its legitimate interest. Unless ECAP has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to by law, it will not use your Personal Information for activities where the ECAP on your overrides ECAP’s interests.
ECAP may use Personal Information to enhance to enhance your user experience, to help ECAP better understand you, to help ECAP customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help ECAP otherwise enhance the Site.
ECAP uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ ECAP experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about ECAP partners or third parties; and
ECAP will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. ECAP will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How ECAP Uses Personal Information”) above.
- ECAP employs other companies to perform tasks on ECAP’s behalf and therefore ECAP must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. ECAP may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing ECAP’s rights or protect ECAP property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- ECAP believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- ECAP believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- ECAP believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- ECAP believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend ECAP in litigation or a regulatory action.
- ECAP believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
ECAP will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless ECAP is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of ECAP’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why ECAP discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that ECAP does not own or control, or individuals that ECAP does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to ECAP’s control. ECAP is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the ECAP Site. ECAP encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
ECAP may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, ECAP may provide our partners, (such as HubSpot or Salesforce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about ECAP users.
To determine the appropriate retention period, ECAP considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why ECAP gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
While ECAP does need to gather certain information to make your ECAP experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, ECAP wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, ECAP may contact you about our services or your activity.
If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing ECAP by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
ECAP strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore ECAP cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. ECAP strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information ECAP holds about you and to check that ECAP is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables ECAP to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though ECAP may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask ECAP to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for ECAP continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask ECAP to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where ECAP may have processed your information unlawfully or where ECAP is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that ECAP may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where ECAP is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where ECAP is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, ECAP may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask ECAP to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want ECAP to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where ECAP’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want ECAP to erase it; (c) where you need ECAP to hold the data even if ECAP no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to ECAP’s use of your data but ECAP needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. ECAP will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for ECAP to use or where ECAP used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where ECAP is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, ECAP may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. ECAP will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If ECAP is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw you sent at any time by contacting ECAP at email@example.com
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by ECAP through the Site. ECAP utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than ECAP. ECAP encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
ECAP may, from time to time, in ECAP’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. ECAP encourages all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.
14) Contact ECAP
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact ECAP by sending an email to contact (at) Info@ecapteach.com